22 December 2003

Finally!

After nearly a week long hiatus from the internet, I am finally back online! Somehow, mom's computer "magically" got fixed while at the computer place. I think they did something. Because there are random things "missing" and stuff. It's weird. But I'm back online.. although now my mom is paranoid that I will "do something" to screw the computer up... it wasn't really my fault to begin with! Just because it went into hibernate mode because somehow the power strip got turned off...

Anyway.

Christmas is almost here and I have done shopping for my family and Jon. I am very displeased because Jon's special gift is backorderd till who-knows-when... unfortunately, I did not realize this because I have not been able to check my email. This would have been a good time to be at school, at least they have computer labs there.

I want to go on AIM but I think mom would flip if I downloaded it. I swear, she's computer literate enough to be paranoid, but not enough to understand what things do. Eepers. It can be frustrating sometimes - especially since I do not have my own computer with me.

I've been doing some baking over the past week - just cookies. Peanut Butter Blossoms (yum!) and recently made up a batch of Date Pinwheels that need to be baked. Tree is still not decorated.. unfortunately, a phone call to Chico lasted over an hour and took up some tree-time.

I feel stressed for some reason. In the sense that things are not getting done, or that I am forgetting something...

Chico came down this past Friday to take me out to see Return of the King; unfortunately, we got movie times mixed up and wound up seeing Stuck on You. Which.. I thought would just be mindless humor. It was indeed mindless, with bits and pieces of humor. Definitely wouldn't see it again. I want to see Mona Lisa Smile, even though it did not do well in the critiques department, but the critic simply said that the movie was not unique, and that it simply catered to people's emotions... which is fine by me.

I may be getting another job at school! At the library, no less. If it works out, I will upgrade from a library groupie to a library worker ;) Extra money never hurts. Especially in my case. I am very excited to get organized for next semester. I am really quite OCD when it comes to organization of stuff. Even if it is in organized piles. :P

I hope I can see my friends before I leave for school again.. Let's see, sometime between X-mas and New Years, or sometime between new years and the fourth. I'll be heading back to school at around 11am on the 4th... Woo woo for Jan term!

I think I may add a few links to the sidebar before I go to bed. Maybe.

(I think I've written enough to compensate for the past week, now)

No comments: