02 January 2004

Grr.

At this moment, I am pissed at Blogger. Oh yes. I had a magnificent entry, covering such topics as Mona Lisa Smile, why I like it and why the Critic does not, a life crisis concerning the future, and the new year and resolutions. 5 paragraphs long. All lost because Blogger decided to go caput. Grr.

I'm not really a fan of New Years resolutions, but I came up with a few to look back upon and see if I made any progress.
>No dieting (In my mind, dieting is stupid), but I need to exercise more. I'll be doing Cardio Kick at the beginning of next Semester, so that will be a good start. I am vaguely entertaining the notion of picking up some under-armour type clothing to ease winter running. Perhaps.
>Being nicer to my family. They deserve it! I am so thankful for what they've done - my parents really are the coolest parents on earth.
>Getting my life in order - I've been doing a little of that already, so I'll try to do it a little more.
Actually doing things for my future instead of getting stuck in a rut of "shoulda, coulda, wouldas." I shall enlist Chico to help me with this.. he's good at that sort of thing.
>Living each day to the fullest :)

To sum up my lost post:
I liked Mona Lisa Smile for the same reasons the Critic did not like it. It catered to my emotions! Even though it was not the best movie on earth, it certainly is a feel-good movie to see on a lark. Why don't they spend their time debunking HORRIBLE movies like Stuck On You instead of the middle-of-the-ground ones. That would have been a helpful critique.

Recently I have been really worried about my future - I am frightened of not being able to get a job, of not being able to do something that will give me some sort of success and a comfortable income. Just enough to be able to live with everything I need, and have some things that I want - a grand piano, maybe some horseback riding lessons, dsl/cable internet ;) and mostly knowing that I do not have to constantly worry/gripe about money. That would be ideal.

No comments: