06 January 2004

Hehe

So I was chillin in my room, looking at my computer (actually, checking out VCU's ad program) and stuff, then when I was done, I noticed my weather watcher was blinking, so I click on it, and it says possible snow showers. Excited at the prospect for snow, I go to click on the map to see where the snow was, and my computer froze. So I restarted it and turned around - BAM! it's snowing outside. I was amused. It was horizontal snow, too. Hehe. Right now it's not snowing as hard (bummer), but it looks like someone poured powdered sugar over the landscape.

Birds just flew by!! (I'm sorry if I seem excited, there is a distinct lack of birds on campus. And a very large population of squirrels, which may contribute to the lack of birds)

Although the parking lot next to my dorm is blocked off (as well as part of the road that goes behind my dorm), and there is a bobcat, a torn up sidewalk, missing trees, and a construction trailer, I have yet to see any "work" being done. I saw two men walking by with shovels yesterday, but they just went into the trailer. I don't understand why the roadway is blocked off if they're not even doing any work... although, I am not so very sad, since it is right outside my window and I would not like to be woken up at insane hours by workmen. Campus workers have the "waking you up early" thing down pat. No no, mowing, leaf/snow blowers, ice scraper things - all must be done as early as possible. Oy.

(aw, the snow cloud is going away. I wonder if there's another one.)

(I'm not dependent on computers. Hmph)

No comments: