29 February 2004

Yay for valentines day...

Two weeks late ^_^ Jon and I finally got to go out! We got dressed to the nines, and went to this wonderful little restaurant called Mealey's. I ate the better part of a four-course meal- ooohhh tummy was so full, but it was all sooo good. Baked brie in puff pastry (covered in honey and almonds!) as an appetizer (it came with grapes, too, yum!), then a salad with the house dressing - a honey vinagrette I believe - followed by the main course: Surf and turf, a filet mignon and a crab cake, with baked potato and green beans. The filet was so tender and yummy, and the crab cake had huge pieces of crab in it. They both tasted excellent! And, of course, I had to have dessert (I made Jon promise! :-P), so I had some Chocolate Rum cake, which honestly didn't taste like it had any rum flavoring in it, but still tasted oh so rich and wonderful (I also had a latte, which was excellent! And it came with a crystallized sugar stick!). It was such a yummy evening. We were one of the last ones to leave the restaurant; we were there for about 2 hours ^_^ It was nice just to relax and converse with my love, and eat some REALLY good food. Yummmmmmy!

On another note- it smells like spring! The breeze coming in my window is so fresh and new. It smells full of expectation! I'm really looking forward to warm weather :)

My room is clean - I cleaned it for yesterday - but only superficially. IE: stuff is stuffed under my bed, in drawers, in the closet, and anywhere else I can hide things... O:) I need to declutter when spring break comes (ie: take useless stuff home). We'll see if that happens. Maybe Jon will help...

No comments: