09 November 2003

Saturday night

Saturday was fun.

My alarm went off at about 8.45 because I was thinking about going to check out a place for formal with the girls... but then I remembered that this was the first day in a while that I had to sleep in... so I slept in. Got up at like 10.30 or so... and wound up going to brunch with Ivy and Bayley. I was psyched- the old omelette man was back!! He is way better at the omelette thang than the people they tried to replace him with. Although, he is kinda freaky because he's flirting with you while you're trying to give him your omelette order. But it's all good because I finally got to fulfill my craaving for breakfast :)

After that I went down to the football game to meet up with Jon and Brad.. it was SO cold down there. My ears were in agony... When they went up to pick up the meal-exchange from glar, I went to get something warm for my head. (A) I don't know where my scarf is. I know it's here, I just don't know where; (B) apparently I don't have ear-warmers here, though. So I wore my yukon hat (one of those with the strings with poufs at the end) ... but it didn't really do a knock-out job about keeping my ears warm... I guess it was something though.

Jon and I decided, since the game was boring, and the air was cold, to come back and take a nap at about 2. Wound up sleeping till 4... well, I slept till around 3, then Jon slept till four. Not to mention I was miss popular... I got like four phone calls in an hour?!

Jon left to go to church at 4, so I decided to finally run the errands I've been meaning to run the entire week. Yay for productivity. After Jon came back at about 6.30, we decided we were hungry and drove up to safeway to get some food. He bought starbucks for us while we were there :) Yum!

At 8.30 we went down to Frederick to see a band who was family to one of the guys in Alpha sig with Brad and a guy from their national. It was in this restaurant called the Bentz Street Raw Bar... interesting place. The band (The Westcott Brothers) was awesome. They played a sort of bluegrass/bluesy type of music, not necessarily my thing, but they were really talented. Of course, we got there after missing the street twice, once because we couldn't find it, the second time because Jon said that it was a different street :-P

After we got back (at around 12) Jon and I went down to LGP's [lol], and hung out for a bit. It was one of the guys' girlfriend's birthday parties, but it had wound down by the time we got there. The night turned out to be Jon, Guy, Pat, and I sitting (well, I was sitting...) in the kitchen just talking the night out (till about 3.. 4?) ... and somehow I wasn't even dead tired. Who knows why.. lately my latest has been about 12.30/1.00, heh. But anyhow, wound up not going to bed till 5 because Jon and I were talking for about 2 hours about random stuff when we came back from the house. Latest I've stayed up since the random Baltimore trip at 3 in the morning. Well, I think that night I was up till 6am. But still...

And yet I still got up at 10.30/10.45. But as of yet, have not done any work. Need to do that... I have an econ TEST tomorrow!

No comments: