19 November 2003

My blog is boring.

But other people actually have quality stuff! Lol.

(Instead of cleaning my room, I, of course, surfed the web)

I got an interesting tidbit off of Michael Hanscom's blog ... via the Blogger article how not to get fired.... Apparently, the creators of the C programming language and the Unix system were just playing a hoax on the rest of the world, never realizing that the rest of the world would actually take the language and run!

It cracks me up to no end... and there, ladies and gentlemen, is proof that I am the uber-dork I appear not to be ;)

I have learned both Pascal and C++ (to some extent). I can't really propose an opinion that one is generally better than the other... because I took Pascal senior year of high school (and did a smashing good job, I might add!), and took C++ as recently as last fall. The only thing that really did not make sense (conceptually) about C++ is that we were instructed to put all the functions below the actual coding. Pascal, we put them above... seems more logical to me. I still have my old pascal programs... and it's funny too, because when I was taking Pascal, Borland had essentially stopped producing the Pascal software commercially, so we had to use an old DOS version on our home PCs.

Heh heh heh. That's a great practical joke...

No comments: