02 November 2003

Interesting night!

So, yesterday was Homecoming, which was very exciting. I was part of the group that was in the parade for Phi Mu... I think our car looked absolutely awesome (wish I had some digipics), but we didn't even place.. *tear*. Other than that, though, the day was lots of fun! We had a lot of Alums come back, even some who pledged Fall '88! It was really interesting talking to them. We wound up winning Best Letters (booyah!) and the Brant Cup (the most prestigious award a greek org. can win here) again!! It was very exciting. Went out with Heather and Fallon to Applebee's, then after I came back Jon, Brad, and I went over to Lee's and hung out for the night.

However, all that is not the exciting part!

At about 5.45 in the morning, I slowly wake up because of the multitudes of firetruck sirens that are driving by, at least 10 trucks in like a 10 minute interval. I'm laying there worried that any second the fire alarm is gonna go off, so... I get up and I look out my window, (which faces south-southeast), and I didn't see anything. Yet I hear another firetruck go by... and it probably wouldn't have been such a big deal, but the firetrucks were stopping close by somewhere. So... I'm getting a little worried. I go to the bathroom, turn out the lights and look out that window. first, I see a bright light in the northwest, but it doesn't really look like a fire. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see a pulsating yellow light on smoke coming from behind Gill gym somewhere. This freaks me out. So, I grab Jon and make him come with me to see where the fire is. We turn the corner of Gill Gym and the North Village wasn't on fire (thank God!), and I couldn't see the fire on smoke anymore... but then Jon and I hear a chainsaw. So we walk past the apartments to the drive (across from physical plant services)... and there it is. A really bad fire in "the projects" of westminster... about one hundred yards away. They had PA ave blocked off right past the drive where we were... I'm just glad it wasn't school. That's what was freaking me out the most... worried about people at school.

No comments: