29 November 2003

Blogness

Apparently "100 things about me lists" are the fad among blogs. I am intrigued... however, I shall not torture everyone by posting a list in a single post. Nope. I'm thinking maybe 20 at a time. Of course you realize this is mostly due to laziness and also due to the fact that I will have immense trouble trying to come up with at least half of that. A challenge of introspection and all that.

I wish I had something interesting to say...

Commercials are starting to get on my nerves. I used to be a commercial fiend.. a commercial.. connoisseur, if you will. And, alas, the state of these mid-sitcom revelries is severe. Half of the commercials nowadays are about cars. Or stores. Or something else equally boring. I am losing faith with the mirth commercials can provide - remember classics like the "do-be-do" penguin, and the bud-weis-er frogs (before they got run into the ground). Shows like "the greatest commercials on earth" showing how advertising agencies raise the bar on enjoyment. Not any more. However, this evening I was rewarded with a commercial gem among the rough stones: a Miller (lite?) commercial. "People Dominos" - it was great. It got your attention, made you laugh, and got the point across. Heck, I even remember what the commercial was for.

Commercial people, you need to get your butts in gear!!

No comments: