21 June 2006

Recipe: Rosemary-Lemon Salmon en Papillote

I have just been a cooking MACHINE, lately!

Rosemary-Lemon Salmon en Papillote

  • Salmon Fillet, skinned (small - about 5 oz?)
  • Lemon, washed
  • Rosemary sprigs (about 2-3)
  • Olive Oil (about 2-3 tbsp)
  • Parchment Paper
  1. Cut a heart shape out of parchment paper. Make it so that the half-heart is about 1.5x the size of the fillet.
  2. Zest half of the lemon.
    (I have no objection to tearing that tasty zest off! :) )
  3. Tear the leaves off of two small sprigs of rosemary.
  4. Put zest and rosemary in a measuring cup or bowl, and cover with olive oil. Let stand for about 15-20 minutes to infuse the oil.
  5. Place a large sprig of rosemary on one half of parchment paper. Place Salmon on top. Ensure rosemary is entirely under salmon (curve it around if necessary).
  6. Cut a few thin slices of lemon and place on top of salmon.
  7. Drizzle with olive oil, and put some of the rosemary/zest from oil on top of fish
  8. Seal the papillote by folding the heart in half again, and folding in the edges, starting at the "v" of the heart. (view the WMV video or the
    Text from Food Network. For some reason the video won't show up for me, but the audio comes through just fine. Probably just my crap computer.)
  9. I simply placed mine on a small piece of foil (just large enough to cover the bottom of the papillote).
  10. Cook 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
  11. Place papillote on plate, and cut a slit in the top with a knife or kitchen shears to access the delectable goodness.

I had mine with a glass of pinot grigio, a light salad (I dressed the salad with leftover infused oil and vinegar), and wild rice.

Forgot pictures again, darn it. I'm just so excited about eating that I forget!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.