11 May 2006

A quickie

It seems as though there is a rise in bitchy women and whiny men in radio ads. I'm not sure if it's something I've only recently noted, or if it is, in fact, a new "trend", so to speak.

What is the deal?

In terms of this, I can almost see the "feminist backlash" that some guys are talking about. Now, instead of having commercials with wifey at home, they're having commercials where the women is In Charge, and the man is a whiny, stupid, or otherwise incompetent character.

I suppose this is supposed to "appeal" to women, but I honestly find it annoying. I just want to yell at the men to act like men, godammit. And to tell the women to stop being supreme bitches.

But I digress.

I think one of the more annoying examples is the "going to Lowe's" ad, where the guy keeps asking "are we there yet" and basically makes an ass out of himself while the women is more mature and by that nature slightly condenscending. If I was a guy, I would be offended by that.

There's also the Amoco Ultimate one that was playing a while back in which the woman really was a bitch to the guy. Pretty much saying, "yeah you're dumb, retard." Again, if I was a guy, I'd be offended.

In any case, I'm noticing it fairly often, and those types of ads really do annoy me. Talking down to anyone, for no reason, annoys me.

No comments: