06 March 2008

Wall Decor

So my walls in my living room are rather blank. I took a panoramic photo, and WOW are the walls BORING.

I'll try to post the panorama, later - it's not exactly the most neat version, but it's not too bad.

First off, I have two matching pieces of wall-art, made out of some plaster- or ceramic-like material, asian and deco inspired, from the 80s. From what I can tell, there was a bit of an Art Deco revival in the 80s, although it was done with all the 80s panache that you would expect. I got these from my Mom, and only recently rediscovered them, rather on accident. The only downside is that these things are SUPER heavy.

Need to post measurements and pictures of these items, later.

Next, I've been looking for prints that coordinate more with the green/deco theme...

"Flock Print" by Heather Amuny-Dey
Velocity Art and Design


"Soleil Toute L'Année" by Roger Broders
AllPosters.com
"Villefranche" by Roger Broders
AllPosters.com


"Cote d'Azur" by Jean-Gabriel Domergue
AllPosters.com

Also, I must say, that I may actual purchase an "As Seen On TV" product - Hercules Hooks. These seem like a great solution for a rental that more-or-less doesn't want one to use molly brackets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.