17 February 2008

Neutral Kitchen Shelving

Although I really like my kitchen, there really isn't all that much storage space. It's a kitchen/dining area, and the dining half has a small alcove in which I have set up a pseudo-quasi storage area. It's very much hobbled together from random stuff, and I'd like it to look a little more organized and streamlined.

I checked Ikea, and looked at a lot of different solutions. I started first with the cabinetry they made specifically for the kitchen... Unfortunately, I think it would be a bit frustrating and expensive to fit the area with those.

Then, I looked at the Billy shelving, but I really think those are a little too shallow for the needs of the kitchen. Finally, I decided to simply check the Ikea storage line page - and I found the Aspvik office line. I think the sliding door unit and the flipper unit would be perfect because (1) they're deep enough for use in the kitchen, and (2) they could hold electronic kitchen items with ease, since they're meant to hold computer stuff. I also found a Lerberg ladder-type shelf to fill the rest of the space.

No comments: